Saturday, July 7, 2012

Random ramblings

Boy, am I ever glad that I'm a university employee.  I can't afford Microsoft Office on my own--not even the student edition, were I a student.

The imp has been happily chirping "two new kitties at [my] house!" since Wednesday.  He adores them both, and is very gentle with them.  They love playing with him, and Shadow is snuggly enough that she actually enjoys awkward small boy cuddles.

Pixie has been running around chirping "happy, happy, happy" since we brought the kittens home.

Needless to say, it's been a bit of a madhouse with two little fuzzballs and two toddlers chasing each other around, with the toddlers having fits of shrieking giggles.  Fun, though--until the toddlers start fighting.

My friend who was designing the cover for my finished anthology was nearly done when I contacted her about it.  I'll probably contact her this evening to see how that's coming, in the hopes that we can take it somewhere, scan it in, and turn it into a JPG file. 

I also want Odysseus to read the legalese about publishing with Amazon Kindle, including (especially) the pricing and royalty section. 

I've got eight stories left in the anthology I'm working on, two in the part with the majority of the plot, and the other six in resolution to the plot.  Part one--the part with the interconnected stories not really part of the plot--is pretty much done.  

I'll probably be able to finish this book before classes start up the third week of August, but not likely my next project.  I'll have about five weeks between Fall and Spring where I'll get back up to speed on that.  I may be able to work on it during the semester, but I'm not going to count on it.   

I'm going to have to re-load my CPS, course schedule, and textbook into my fall class.  I need to check to see if I also need to re-do the discussion board assignments.  They didn't recycle my courses from Spring, they just loaded new ones.  I also need to go in and make the course unavailable to the students they've already loaded in. 

I've been assigned two Comp I classes for Fall.  I was assigned two Comp I classes last fall, and one didn't make.  I hope, since the new Department Head saw fit to give me the same assignment, that both of my classes make, this time.  I think.  Maybe if they don't, I'll have more time and energy to write and finish another book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.