Monday, July 30, 2012

Outside with the imp again.

We got out by 7:30.  It was already 85 degrees at 7:30 (which was why I pushed to get outside early--poor little guy's more than a little stir crazy), it was 95 by 10:00 yesterday, and it was still 107 at 5:00 yesterday evening.  I have no doubts it'll be that hot again, today. 

This is the second schedule in a row that Odysseus's job has had him working 7 days in a row.  It's the second schedule in a row that's had him working multiple nights 'til midnight.  I'm really beginning to wonder if the management truly are that incompetent, or if they're just trying to drive their best, most reliable worker to quit, just because he doesn't jump to bail them out when we get the calls of "We messed up...can you come in to cover tonight?"

Thanks to everyone who downloaded Survivors over the weekend.  If I don't get any reviews out of this gamble, I'm unlikely to take advantage of the ability to offer it for free for a promotion any more.   Don't take that as a threat--it's not one.  I'm worried about someone posting it free somewhere else, and Amazon refusing to charge for it in their price match, and booting it out of their Amazon Prime lending library.  And if I'm not getting reviews, it's not worth that risk.

The Godshead is currently sitting at about 82,000 words.  I'm anticipating about another 10-15 thousand words.  Survivors was right around 46,000 words, and about 212 pages (for perspective, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets sits at about 85,000 words).  Godshead is going to be bigger and more expensive of a paperback.  

I think I'm burning out on teaching.  This summer without classes has been so nice that I'm flat-out dreading fall classes starting.  I have never felt that way before, not even as a small child in elementary school. 

2 comments:

  1. Our heat index in Orlando 105+. Had eye doc appt today, no way in hell I am going outside and doing any walking or taking the bus. keep the kids cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. It's why I chased the imp outside before I was really awake.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.