Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun, fun!

The good news is that my new laptop arrived today (along with a book I'd pre-ordered in December--yay!). 

The bad news is that now, I have to transfer all of my files, configure my system, and go to the college and get the copy of the Microsoft software I need.  Right now, I'm running Open Office for my own uses. 

I also need to figure out how to get rid of IE9 and put IE8 on, so that something is at least marginally compatible with the service pack we've got for the distance learning platform we have.  It doesn't look like it'll be easy, if it's even possible. 

The laptop itself is very much not a disappointment.  I haven't had one this nice...well, I just haven't had one this nice.  It's a 15.6 inch laptop--much bigger than any I'd gotten used to since I started using laptops.  Hell, the screen is bigger than the desktop screen I had in my undergrad years, or the desktop screen I used at home in grad school. 

It's also very fast.  It's running several different things at once without a slowdown.  I figure that, once the transfer is totally complete, everything is going to be even faster

I think I'm going to like this very much.

2 comments:

  1. Try this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_vista/change-from-ie9-to-ie8/2d691cf6-55e0-41eb-af05-b81b3a7417cf

    Vilmar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vilmar--I'll see if the same works for Windows 7 Home Pro.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.