Monday, July 23, 2012

Almost tempted...

I'm sincerely almost tempted to buy a Kindle and sign up for Amazon Prime.  The thought of a "free" library* of nearly 150,000 titles tempts me greatly. 

One of the only things that holds me back is my complete and utter lack of time to both read and write.  I have toddlers--two on two legs and two with fur--and have to have at least half my attention on what they're doing.  I can't read a book without sinking so far into it I'm totally unaware of my surroundings.  And after the kids are in bed is when I write. 

Writing is now bringing in a (very small, admittedly) part of my income.  So that wins out over picking up a book and getting lost in it.

Damn it. 

*Those of you who have Amazon Prime and a Kindle (and therefore access to the lending library), don't feel guilty about using it--authors who publish on Kindle do get paid for it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand. Between work & a wife who isn't really fond of me working on a computer when she's around, I have to snatch a few minutes from time to time to write on my own blog. I'd like to think that it is making me more disciplined about putting pen to paper (or whatever the electronic equivalent would be), but that has yet to achieve any level of satisfaction.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm a part-time college professor, full-time mother of two, full-time housewife, part time writer (the book linked over in the right is my first one, and I'm working on my second), and part-time blogger. Everything gets prioritized, and reading (my first love, and why I majored in English) tends to fall below building my online class/grading papers, chasing toddlers, cleaning house, and writing. I've been juggling it all for almost four years, now. It's becoming habit...

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.