Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Crushing Americans under expenses

I just read a figure that gives a ballpark about what Obamacare is going to cost those of us who already have insurance: an extra $2100/year/family. 

I already pay $336/month for health insurance for my family of four.  Obamacare is going to add nearly $200/month to that, bringing our health insurance premiums--and this is for a plan that pays only for catastrophic things like hospital stays (provided they aren't complication-free childbirth related), with a $5,000 deductible--to around $500/month.

We live in a paid-for house.  Our mortgage payments were less than that, when we had it.  It's also more than most car payments. 

I don't like being penalized for being responsible.  I don't like paying the costs of those who are able, but refuse to do it themselves.  I don't like that this seems to be aimed at forcing more people into government dependence.

And everyone that forced this abortion of a law on the 75% of the population that didn't want it is going to find out some hard truths:

We hired you.  We can fire you.  And a lot of you will be out of a job in November for not figuring out a way to derail this.

4 comments:

  1. Obama's health care plan is part of what he promised with his redistribution of wealth. It is designed to make the middle class poorer. In turn, many otherwise independent people will become dependent on government handouts to survive and put food on the table. Also in his healthcare plan Obama has provisions for the civilian security force he promised in 2008. Don't forget he has already begun the works to implement 16,000 new IRS agents to force cooperation with the new "penalties" that come along with reform that was promised with his fundamental transformation of America.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I believe you, Rose. Scares the living sh-- out of me: I have children who are facing an incredibly bleak future because of the "plan."

      I don't think the plan was Obama's. I think he's too f-ing stupid to come up with or implement it. He's a mouthpiece and a distraction for whoever's really in charge.

      Delete
  2. Putting on my TinFoil Cowboy Hat, I'm inclined to think that those who cast the votes wil do so to fire these people, but those who count the votes will throw out the ones they don't like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If that happens, and people lose faith in the system (what there is), we may well see a full-on rebellion that demonstrates (again) that the indomitable will to NOT be ruled will override any possible technical/tactical advantage.

      I don't want to see that happen. I don't want to see the good people who would be moved to rage cut down by a tyrannical government.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.