Thursday, July 19, 2012

Plans for today

The imp is watching Curious George.  He woke me up a few minutes ago, marching his little self into the bathroom to go pee-pee.  Such a good boy...

Our little black and white kitten, Cricket, is feeling spastically affectionate--she's walking across my chest and stropping my face.  She's also washing my nose and ears.  She hasn't stopped purring, yet.  It's not easy typing with a kitten on your chest.

I have a finished manuscript.  I have a finished piece of cover art.  All I need to do now is publish it.  I started setting up my Kindle account last night, and ran into a small road block: I never even thought about how to describe my book.  So, one of my tasks for today is to write a cover blurb. 

We're also going to be going to visit my mother.  She lives in a small house on one of my aunts' property.  At least one of the other two is planning on visiting.  So there will be at least four women around all day, with a fifth showing up later in the afternoon.  And only two males--Odysseus and the imp.  Task two: visit my family.*

After we get home, we really need to do some laundry--the kids found my dirty clothes baskets and scattered everything over most of the house.   Task three: pick up laundry and get at least two loads done.

I also need to work on getting the kitchen cleaned up.  I've got a load of clean dishes in the dishwasher that need put up, and a few dirty ones to be hand washed.  Task four: dishes (not many, thank goodness). 

I think that's all for today, but I also think it's enough.  Especially with how exhausting task two can be...I do love my family, but they've got issues

*Make no mistake--no matter how much I love them, visiting my family is nothing less than a task. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.