Monday, July 23, 2012

Blearg...

Either I need my thyroid meds adjusted, or I need more sleep...honestly, I think it's more likely the former, because I have been getting between eight and ten hours most nights, and I still feel sluggish mentally and physically. 

It's made it a little hard to come up with things to blog about. 

I could talk about politics...but that's depressing, I hate repeating myself, and there's only so many ways you can say "most politicians are short-sighted, self-centered, moronic jackasses."

I could talk about policies...but, again, it's depressing, I've already talked about mandatory Medicaid, welfare, food stamps, foreign policy, domestic policy, and the war on terror current military actions overseas for almost four years, now.  There isn't much new I can say.

I could talk about teaching, but right now, I'm on summer break.  I could talk about past students, but even without mentioning names and genders, it strikes me as a violation of their rights to privacy.

I've been talking about faith and religion a little bit, lately, but I'm still trying to figure that out.  And there's only so much of that I can stand thinking about at any given time.

Books?  I've done a few reviews, so I guess I could start doing a series of book review posts. 

Writing?  I don't want to bore everyone with progress reports on current projects (it's why I save them for Saturdays--fewer people read blog posts, and thus, fewer people are bored spitless), and I'm trying to find the right balance between self-publicizing and begging people to buy or borrow and read and review my currently published work (hint: it's the one linked over on the right).  I really hate people that brag about their accomplishments, and don't talk about anything else. 

Shooting?  It's been about three months since I had a chance to go shooting when there weren't irresponsible fucksticks waving their guns around and muzzle-sweeping the shooting shelters.

Parenting?  Again, I don't want to bore people with all of the adorable/frustrating things parents of toddlers have to deal with on a daily basis.  I'm incredibly proud of my kids (especially my son who's now completely potty trained while he's awake), but they're my kids, and like Robert Heinlein said, everyone has a humongous blind spot about how precious/smart/sweet/well behaved their kids are.

Cooking?  It's been way too hot to test out/create new recipes.  We haven't turned the oven on since our anniversary.

Yeah, not a lot of topics, right now.  Especially with the current news cycle being hung up on something that could have been at least minimized were it not for the whinging Left crying about how CCW holders are no better than the scumbag who shot up a crowded movie theater, and how they want it made easier for the scumbags to go about their daily jobs of preying on the innocent safely, by disarming the law abiding. 

4 comments:

  1. Peace Ms. H., I wish you peace . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I get like that I simply write up a quick post on how such-and-such firearm brand or caliber is the absolute best, and everything else is teh suck.

    Then I sit back and watch.

    I'm easy to entertain.

    (Most of my gun-nut blog buddies don't actually fall for that one anymore...they just tell me to shaddup.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could do that, but...I've only been shooting for about five years, and I know enough to know that I know nothing about it.

      I'll probably add book reviews to my few regularly scheduled topics, and scrabble for the rest.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.