Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chick-fil-a was swamped...

We took the kids there to eat, today for lunch.  I hadn't ever been there, before, but after Boston then Chicago telling the company that they weren't welcome to do business there, I had to go give them my vote of support. 

The food was okay, I guess.  I mean, I loved the waffle fries, but I got a grilled chicken sandwich, and I gotta tell you, I prefer the pre-cooked, frozen, Mesquite grilled chicken breasts I get by the four pound bag at Sam's Club.  Maybe the spicy chicken is better...I don't know. 

I will say this: they have an indoor play area, with a huge window from the seating area looking into it.  The imp spent lunch plastered to the window, watching the other little kids play while he ate.  After he finished, Odysseus took him in to go play...and the pixie stopped eating.  She wanted to go play, too.  And she hadn't eaten very much, maybe half a chicken nugget, two waffle fries, and a couple of pickle slices.  She usually will eat two whole chicken nuggets, and about twice that in veggies.  She was way too focused on getting down to go play.

Yeah, not going to happen.

So, she and I cleaned up the mess, and I picked her up and took her to the door of the play area, and found Odysseus already putting shoes back on a thrashing imp.  "No!  Play more!"

Yeah.  Uh-huh.  Not. 

What shut it down was getting into his face and telling him that if he didn't stop pitching a fit, like now, we would never go back. 

As it is, I think we'll probably go back sometime next month.  Not sooner, because he has not.  Stopped.  Nagging.  about it since. 

Maybe after he goes a month with dry pants while he's awake, we'll go again for a treat. 

Otherwise, the food wasn't that great for the cost, and the temper tantrum at the end really wasn't worth it.

3 comments:

  1. Yep, BTDT - with Miss E. They love the McD's play land near their home. She climbed to the top of the rat maze and grandma had to go up after her - honestly my body doesn't bend that way anymore and she would not come down. Made a nice youtube of GM climbing up though . . . . I think the month on the couch was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The imp is pretty biddable--screaming and stomping and crying the whole time he's done as he's told, but biddable.

      (It's good enough for not quite four, but don't tell him that.)

      Delete
  2. Chick-fil-a

    http://oldcatman-xxx.com/?p=9685

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.