Friday, March 16, 2012

FFOT: To the Darwin Award contenders out there...

TinCan Assassin suggests that, if anyone doubts the existence of a loving God that cares for and protects his people, that they need to work in customer service for a while. 

Don't blame God for all the stupids out there.  Blame government regulating everything until our kids are turned into starfish by protective equipment before being sent out to play.  Blame government for protecting the stupids from the consequences of their own actions. 

Like this.  I do see the point in wearing safety equipment when operating dangerous machinery.  I wear my seatbelt--but I would anyway, because I'm smart enough to know what might happen if I don't.  I do not, however, think the government should mandate that people must wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle, or a seatbelt when riding in a car, or that airbags must deploy fast enough to save someone not wearing one (which, incidentally, causes injury). 

Government regulations protecting stupid people from the consequences of their own stupidity can fuck off.  Let Darwin work.  Or we wind up with muppets running the country.

9 comments:

  1. On a related note: I wish all the stupid irresponsible people would FO and stop doing stupid irresponsible stuff out of which the responsible people are expected to bail them. Or they need to just be allowed to be stupid and suffer the consequences, without the responsible people getting an assload of new laws and rules we have to comply with.

    Also, the idiots stealing Tide because apparently it can be used as street currency can FTFO. If Tide winds up as one of those behind-the-counter, must-show-ID purchases, I will be furious. And the bureaucrats who will push through the "Tide is now a controlled substance" laws can have a prophylactic, in-advance FO. (The Tide Free is the only detergent I've found that doesn't make me come out in giant hives.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!

      Have you tried Dreft? It's the stuff they recommend for use for brand new babies, and it's pretty mild--no dyes or perfumes at all.

      Delete
  2. Our President's non-car owning energy secretary can fuck off with a giant black cloud of smoke belching diesel powered dildo.

    You flaming watermelon fucktard nihilist what the fucking hell did you think would happen after you bragged about shutting down drilling after using the fucking gulf oil spill as a fucking crisis not to go to waist.

    I hope your butt buddy President and his wookie beard throw you to the Fuck wolves to be beast fucked.

    Ahh, now I feel a little better about gassing up my car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I have argued for motorcycle helmets for a long time.

      Should I get in a crash with a motorcycle and the rider's head gets smashed like a pumpkin, I am not the least bit interested in having the incident embedded in my memory!

      (I worked in hospitals for 40 years, motor cycle crashes can be gruesome.)

      As far as 'other regulations', if you object to them may I suggest you just ignore them!!!!

      Delete
    2. Odysseus--can I run the accelerator on that diesel powered dildo? 'Cause he deserves as much ass-raping as he's inflicted (economically) on the rest of us.

      OCM--I'm not arguing against helmets. I argue against the need to legislate against stupidity, and against the whole "let's do something stupid to protest stupid laws" mentality. And, if someone does something stupid, let them pay for it with their own skin & blood. They'd either get killed, or be less likely to be stupid in the future.

      Delete
    3. ....I don't want to pay for the thought of crushing somebody's head in a dumb accident, regardless of who is at fault.

      Delete
    4. Say what you will about me being an utter sociopath (which is true, by the way), but I honestly didn't think of how that would affect most folks.

      Delete
  3. Of course, the concept of Man as God's Masterpiece isn't looking too hot either...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stupid snake. Stupid apple. Stupid woman.

      I know it was all His plan, but damn. You're right about the masterpiece kind of sucking.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.