Sunday, August 12, 2012

Who didn't see this coming?

First, they came for the smokers...and we didn't say anything because we didn't smoke, and it was none of our business.

Then, they came for the drinkers...and we didn't say anything because we didn't drink.  Too much. 

Then they came for the fatties...and we didn't say much because we acknowledged that we could stand to lose a little weight.

Now, they're trying to define gun violence as a "public health issue" so that they can put pressure on us to become the serfs they imagine us to be.

I hate to tell them this...well, that's a lie.  I will proclaim this boldly, proudly, and at the top of my lungs, as often as it needs to be said: I will not permit anyone to remove my right to protect myself and my family.  I will not permit the government that works for me to penalize me for being a (for the most part) law-abiding citizen.  I will not give in.  I will not surrender.  I will not abide by any law or social engineering that will not affect any but the law abiding. 

I will not give up my guns.  Nor will I pay any penalty to be "permitted" to keep them.  Nor yet will I accept discrimination in my workplace, my health insurance (which is separate from my job), my home insurance, or my property tax. 

The government, in all its infinite wisdom, the doctors in all their concerned busy-body nosiness, and anyone who agrees to abide by whatever the two come up with can go fuck themselves. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think that's what the roar you're hearing may well be.

      Delete
  2. but it's for the children!

    All you evil gun owners just want little kids to get hurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime someone starts wailing about "for the children," I lock up my kids, and keep a hand on my wallet and my guns.

      "For the children" is just another one of those big lies, like "don't worry, baby, I'm clean, and I love you."

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.