Friday, August 10, 2012

Two batches of cookies down...

With how hot it's been lately, I haven't been able to keep the cookie jar filled.  So, since we've had some relief from the insanely hot temperatures, I made a batch of peanut butter cookies (from a mix I'd had for a while), and a big batch (nearly four dozen) oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  I'm putting the latter in the freezer, and will be making cocoa drop cookies with peanut butter chips tomorrow.  Half of that batch will go into the freezer, as well. 

I sent Odysseus out with the imp last night, with orders to bring home a couple cans of black beans.  I made chili for supper, last night.  He had leftovers for lunch, and I put another  bit into the freezer (and I plan to make more tomorrow for lunch--much of which will go into the freezer). 

I don't know if it's going to get as hot as it was during all of July, again, but I'm kind of planning on being prepared for it if it does.  I really enjoy cooking, and my family enjoys the results of that particular quirk of mine, and I hate it when it's too hot to even think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.