Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I can't believe how productive I've been this summer.

I put together and edited Survivors (linked over at the right) from stories I'd written while I was in college.  All together, it was about 46,000 words.

I wrote about two-thirds of a second collection of short stories closely connected enough to be loosely considered a novel, which is currently in the hands of my awesome beta reader and blog buddy M Sgt B.  My cover art is being created by the same person who did the cover art for Survivors, and I'm hoping to have that in my hands soon.  I would guess that The Godshead will be finished and on sale sometime before the start of cold weather.  That one weighs in at 95,000 words, about 65,000 of which were written between the end of finals week in May and a week ago.  I can post the cover blurb I've written if anyone wants to read it.

I'm right at the climax of the third book for the summer--I've written 12,000 words in about six days; not bad for me.  I may well have the first very rough draft done before classes start on Monday.  Currently, The Last Pendragon is sitting at 52,000 words, with probably another ten to twenty thousand words to go to finish it up.  I'll probably start on the outline for the next part of the story right after, so I don't forget where I want to take this world. 

Yes, I'm pushing really hard to get this done.  My writing speed slows to a crawl while I'm working.  Teaching knuckleheads that don't want to learn how to write and how to run a blog sucks the life and creativity right out of me.  If I don't get it done now, it won't get done until January at the earliest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.