Friday, December 23, 2011

FFOT: grinches

I'm not the biggest fan of the Christmas season, partially because I think the commercial aspect is so overdone that the meaning behind the holiday disappears, and partially because my family overspends so horribly (when they're on fixed income and in debt over their heads), can't seem to get together without fighting, and kind of go into hyperventilating hysterics of excitement where it comes to opening presents.

That said, people who get offended by the mere mention of Christmas can f-off. I do not appreciate political correctness trying to marginalize those of us who are Christian at any time, much less during our highest holy days of Christmas and Easter. They bend over so far backwards for Muslims on their holidays that they wind up with their heads firmly inserted into someplace dark, humid, and fragrant, but choose to be "offended" by any mention of Christmas or Christ that they hyperventilate over a simple wish for a happy holiday season. They work so hard to force Christ out of the season that they've harassed cashiers into saying "Happy Holidays," and taken all references to Christmas out of Christmas plays (now called "Solstice concerts" for small children), Christmas Break (now called "Winter Break"), and even Christmas trees ("Holiday trees--the one at the White House features Obama, this year).

I'm so tired of all the political correctness that I've started going out of my way to offend those individuals. I wish people a "Merry Christmas," loudly, and with a smile that carries the glee of feeling like I've pissed somebody off.

And that, especially in this time of year, isn't right.

3 comments:

  1. My sister sent this out to family and friends...

    Well worth viewing.....

    http://www.elion.ee/docs/joulukaart/eng/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both. I've said "Merry Christmas" more this year to more people, than ever before. Because of living in a predomite Amish and Mennonite county, I've gotten nothing but great feed back. I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OCM: gorgeous.

    Sharon--I find it quite amusing to get sour looks and mumbles from the grinches as well as happy-making when I get huge smiles from cashiers that have been told to say "happy holidays."

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.