Tuesday, December 15, 2009

You might be a gun nut...

My husband got to giggling as we were doing our family grocery shopping last weekend. When I got him to quiet down enough to tell me what was so funny, he told me that he came up with a few "You Might Be A Redneck"-type jokes for gun nuts.

They made me laugh, if anything, harder than they did him. I don't remember them all, so I'll post the one that made me laugh the hardest, and add more as they come.

You might be a gun nut if...when your wife tells you to find the lube in the bedroom, you have a split-second (or longer) moment of confusion whether she meant the K-Y Jelly or the Hoppe's 3-in-1 you've got in your nightstand.

4 comments:

  1. While I thought this one was the funniest, neither my other half nor I could laugh too hard. Like some of Foxworthy's Redneck jokes, this one was kinda close to the truth...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could still find the original list, but many years ago my cousin made up a "redneck" list for the family, amending to "You might be from Manton if..."

    All were real. The only two I can remember of the top of my head:

    "You might be from Manton if your mother has ammo on her Christmas list."

    "You might be from Manton if your mother takes the screen off the bathroom window to shoot crows."

    Swear to Xenu, both are true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I believe you. I have ammo on my Christmas list, and friends who would do the latter (I'd shoot squirrels from inside, but sadly, we live in town).

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.