The main things I think are:
- Is this person acting like/going to act like a threat to me, or to my family?
- Is this person acting courteous or rude/thoughtless?
- Is this person acting like an asshole?
- Is this person open to listening to facts and changing their minds when proven wrong, or are they close minded?
- Is this person capable of changing behaviors that prove destructive?
I do not care about political correctness, but I will keep my opinions on someone's politics to myself, unless and until I no longer can. Many do not permit me to do that. And then I get called names, that I don't care about, but still get worried about keeping my job because of.
And this is why I like individuals just fine, but don't like people in general.