Tuesday, February 18, 2014

much like buffering...

Collecting papers, that is.  I got a couple in and graded yesterday, got a trickle in email, a flood in class (including one emailed in class), and am currently waiting on the last few papers to come in by midnight tonight (and one I granted a 24 hour extension to, who will be turning his paper in tomorrow). 

In the meantime, I'm working on decluttering the office/sewing corner I've been trying to set up in the bedroom, plus catch up on dishes (again).  So, I'm not totally useless while I'm waiting, at least.

I had an illustration of the power of advertising, earlier today.  Sam's Club has a new thing where, with nonperishable things like dishwasher rinse agent, granola bars, and such, you scan your membership card and get a sample.  Today's was some applesauce in a squeeze bag with a nozzle, brand Go Go Squeeze. 

We have never gotten this before, but the pixie instantly recognized what it was, what was in it, and started begging.  Kinda funny.  Either she's seen ads (likely), or can read the packaging (unlikely, at three years old).

And the imp?  Has been joyfully playing outside all afternoon.  The weather has been bloody marvelous, today.  My evidence?  An ice cream truck toodling down the road.  In February.  Getting stopped. 

2 comments:

  1. I never thought of it that way, but, LOL, collecting papers is EXACTLY like buffering. The little virtual wheel spins 'round and 'round,and you wait and wait.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.