Saturday, May 5, 2012

What she said.

"When I was younger, I looked around at my family and I saw the neglect, the drug abuse, the bad choices and I saw my family living from paycheck to paycheck, and I just made a decision that I was not going to end up like my parents," says Dawn Loggins, former homeless teen who's now a Harvard student on a partial (???) scholarship.

It's not easy.  First, an individual has to look at their life and decide their lot is untenable.  Next, he or she must look at what they want from life, and determine how to go about achieving it.  Then, they need to figure out how to take that first step.

It's bloody hard work.  Even harder coming from that background.  She worked her ass off, and is still working her ass off. 

Here's praying she makes it to wherever she wants to go in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.