Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wishful thinking

Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. - Winston Churchill
CNN recently (gleefully) reported that it appears that the Republican party is composed of nothing but old, white people, and it's dying out in droves.

Hate to break it to them but...they're not seeing younger Republicans because they're all working. And there are more and more that don't identify with either Democrat or Republican politicians, but want to be left the hell alone.

If the Republican party as it stands actually does die out, I think the Democrats are in for a rude surprise. They're going to discover that the majority of young people aren't actually occupidiots too dumb to know where Obama's stash of cash is coming from (i.e., their parents, and they'd get a bigger share of it if they went directly to their parents). They're going to discover that the majority of young people are hard working libertarians.

Churchill said one more thing that describes the pundits at CNN perfectly: "A liberal is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air."

3 comments:

  1. Wow small print, can you get the words any smaller. LOl. 4 out of my 5 kids I think are GOP, the 5th shes only 14 give me more time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a 'democrat' (voting wise) until Obama hit the fan!

      I soon became what I call a "compassionate conservative" .......

      IE: Social programs are a necessary 'evil' in our society but all current programs need to be restructured to be fiscally sound without bankrupting the country!

      Way back when, George Bush (Jr.) wanted to revamp Social Security
      to make it solvent.

      His attempts failed and SS is now in a deep financial crisis!

      Vote GOP.

      Delete
    2. Rob--small print fixed. I'm not loyal GOP; rather, I'm a small l libertarian, and vote GOP because the people that are libertarians can't seem to get their act together, and decide to field someone who's 80% with 80% of the party's platform.

      OCM--social programs need a severe overhaul, and there isn't a candidate out there with the testicular fortitude or the political capital to do it. I loved GWB's SS reforms, and wish they had passed.

      For one thing, it'd starve other areas of government if they couldn't use the Social Security as a slush fund, as they've gotten in the habit of doing since its inception. Probably the reason it failed.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.