Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Three years.

Three years ago, today, Odysseus and I sped to the hospital at 2:00 p.m. in the afternoon.  I got a spinal block at 4:00 p.m., and my pixie was born at 4:30 p.m.

It's been a fun three years, even as it's been frustrating, and insanity-inducing.  She's so very cuddly and affectionate (much the opposite of the imp, unless he's sleepy or sick).  So very girly.  I found, last night after she'd gone to bed, that she'd tucked a green army man into the folds of a baby blanket, and put him to bed. 

So, this afternoon, after work, we're going up to visit Grandma and Grandpa, for the pixie's birthday. 

6 comments:

  1. Maybe that's a sign she's going to marry a soldier some day. She could do worse. The town where my son was born is on the other side of the mountains. Once in a blue moon I go over there, and when I drive by the hospital I always think of that day. So I know how you are feeling today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that she'd tucked a green army man into the folds of a baby blanket, and put him to bed. "

    D'awwwww! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, that's cute, right there.

    Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.