Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Disrupted schedules...

Yesterday, the imp refused to nap.  Played to keep himself awake.  I went in a couple times, got fed up, and told him if he didn't sleep, he wouldn't go outside.

So, he went to sleep.  Slept until almost six. 

Needless to say, he didn't go outside.  Didn't go to bed, either, until nearly ten.

He was still up before seven thirty. 

And he's been a right little shit since then.  Throwing fits every little bit about things that he wanted to do, that he knew I don't let him do...like go play before nine.  Or come out when he's been sent to his room for throwing a fit, just because there's something on TV that he wants to watch (after having thrown the fit to go play). 

I got fed up with it, and put him to bed.  Seems I was right to--he went right to sleep. 

The pixie is watching Dora the Explorer--something I can't stand without my headphones (which I can't find), so I'm hiding back in our room while Odysseus watches her to make sure she doesn't start running around and wake her brother up. 

Her schedule was disrupted, too, but she tends to be whiny rather than throwing screaming temper tantrums.  She will be going down for an early nap, though. 

I can already tell this is going to be a hell of a day with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.