Monday, December 23, 2013

Last minute stuff...

We will be celebrating Christmas with Odysseus's parents tomorrow, and opening gifts with the kids on Christmas morning (though Odysseus works Christmas night).  Weather permitting, we'll make a flying surprise visit to my mother's on Boxing Day, provided her sisters all go home on Christmas--otherwise, the visit will be put off (and also not previously announced).

Why yes, yes I am trying to avoid my aunts.  One of them is a spineless wimp, and another is a bully--neither character trait is something I want modeled for my kids, especially not what happens when the bully lights into the wimp.

I haven't yet gotten my mother a Christmas present.  I just don't know what to get for her.  We haven't made it to the store for what we're going to get for my in-laws, either.

Last, but not least, we need to make a brief grocery run.  We need to make cranberry relish (recipe here at bottom of post) for my in-laws, and I need to pick up a prescription refill.

I hate this time of year.  I really, really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.