Friday, July 24, 2009

Another interesting probability brought to you by Mandatory Medicaid!

A woman in Sydney, Australia (yet another place where socialized medicine has FUBARed the system), gave birth to a baby girl on her bedroom floor after a hospital sent her home because there were no beds.

Yeah. She was bleeding and in labor, and they sent her home.

I cannot help but compare this scenario with the care I received when I went to the hospital in labor with my son. In my case, my water broke eight weeks early, and I called the hospital. They told me to come in immediately, that they'd have someone take me down to labor and delivery right away.

Suffice it to say, my care was excellent. I have no complaints about the hospital food, much less the care I received from the staff. And I have suspicions that, should The One get his way with the health care reform he wants to ram up our collective ass, my care will not be anywhere near as good with my next child.

I cast no aspersions upon the doctors, nurses, aides, and techs, here, but upon the idea of rationed care.

5 comments:

  1. This is the United States---not
    GB, NZ or AU.......hell these folks
    all drive in the other lane too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. This is the US. Where, if there are no beds in one ward of a hospital, a bed in another ward will be used, or someone will be sent to another hospital. Competition does that. Where the government steps in to run the medical industry, there can be no competition.

    We have two very good hospitals in my town. One of them is renowned in the area--hell, in the state--for it's heart center, and the other houses the NICU. We have two very good hospitals because we have two very good hospitals--they have to compete with each other, so the care in each stays excellent. The admin sees to that. Should the government close one down, or consolidate, the admin (who would be more likely to become government watchdogs rather than people concerned about the patients) would consider cutting costs, by any means necessary, far more important than patient care.

    Again, I'm not insulting the people on the front lines of patient care. They went into the trenches because they wanted to help people. I'm pointing out what the government wants to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "reduce costs".....hmmmm

    Let's tell that to the hospital employees (payroll costs,) supply costs, building costs........I find this to be a dirty little secret that NO ONE talks about.......

    The first job of 'health care' reform is to deal with the costs
    that no health care provider has any control over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, believe me, I'm fully aware of that. That's the first thing I chew people out about when they bitch about how much they have to pay doctors for their care (which shouldn't cost much, if at all, since they've been brainwashed that medical care is a "right").

    ReplyDelete
  5. ANOTHER GOOD POINT RARELY TALKED ABOUT!

    Health Care is a RIGHT!

    It certainly is not!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.