Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I think Hell just froze over.

I actually agree with the Russians on something that will be (currently) detrimental to the United States' economy: a return to the gold standard.

I do agree that we need to have something backing our currency, and I prefer it not to be oil, as I do not want to be further dependent upon our enemies.

I believe that, though the return to the gold standard will hurt us quite badly in the short run, it will prevent our Dear Leader from printing money to pay off debt (which the early American states discovered simply didn't work) and debasing our currency further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.