Friday, March 20, 2009

I am not a terrorist.

Missouri has become the vanguard behind which the other states will follow.

Apparently, if you have a pro-life bumper sticker, an NRA bumper sticker, a Confederate flag bumper sticker, an anti-illegal aliens bumpersticker or any number of other conservative and/or redneck bumper stickers, you will be noted, and placed on a watch list.

Apparently, if you're conservative, believe in God, and believe that the Bill of Rights lists rights that God gave you, and that the government cannot infringe upon, you're a potential terrorist.

Funny...I've seen far more violence lately from radically intolerant Muslims than radical fundamentalist Christians, lately. I've seen a lot more gun violence perpetrated by illegal aliens drug gangs, such as MS13, who cannot legally own firearms in the first place than I have from NRA members.

And I've seen far worse violations of all of our rights--black, white, brown, or polka-dot--from the government than I've seen from "Southern White Racists."

Hell, I've seen worse racism in the last month from the so-called "minority races" than I have from any white person in the past five years.

Missouri's leftist governor, Jay Nixon, fears the "vast, right wing conspiracy," and the militias attached to it. He fears that such militias will spawn domestic terrorists.

Currently, most militias that I'm aware of are peaceful gatherings of individual citizens. They gather, watch, protest peacefully, and call legitimate law enforcement if something goes wrong. The Neighborhood Watch is a good example of a modern militia. So are the Minutemen who watch our borders where Border Patrol is spread too thin--though, given the leftist response to them, I'm pretty sure they'd be considered as dangerous as the Ayrian Brotherhood used to be.

Modern militias are peaceful, for now. I don't believe, as the government seems to, that they'll become inflamed and violent as easily as the Muslims do.

However. That said, if the government starts harassing them and treating them as terrorists and criminals without provocation, I'm not too sure that they won't decide to do what they're being punished for.

I hope it doesn't come to this. I pray it doesn't come to this. The last time this nation was so divided, some 150 years ago, it took hundreds of thousands dead in a country where the population was only a few million. The casualties this time, given the higher population and population densities of likely target centers on both sides, would be truly horrendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.