Monday, February 14, 2022

The things you find...

I've made good headway in getting the house (mostly) under control; now, it's time for the garage.  I made a small start on that last week--I got a bunch of stuff gathered in a pile designated "trash" and picked up a lot of broken glass.  Managed to not cut myself on the glass, even.  I was pretty proud of that, honestly.  

Then, I picked up a small box with...general stuff in it, and went to work it onto a shelf.  Didn't fit.  Should have fit.  Turned it, maneuvered it, stuck my thumb down inside the flap...and gave myself a rather large paper cut.  Which ended last week's attempt.  Because it wouldn't...stop oozing blood.  Wound up having to put a band-aid around my thumb and call it a day.  

Today, I went back out with a bag, and bagged up the trash.  Looked at the overall job, and broke it into smaller chunks.  

And I found a large chunk of fabric that I'd forgotten I had.  I mean, I've had it for years.  I'd initially purchased it intending to make a cape?  I think?  So yeah, there's a lot of it.  

It's heavy fabric, too--cotton, and closely-woven.  Almost a canvas texture.  Sort of a teal-green.  

I wasn't...expecting to find that.  When I found it, it was in the shape I was expecting: dusty, and covered in mouse evidence.  So, it's been through the wash, as of now.  

I have no idea what I'll do with it.  

But I have it.  And it was a nice thing to find.  

Update: There's a little over 5 yds of fabric, washed and shrunk as much as it's going to.  Probably about 45"or so wide. 

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet you have room in the garage for that hunk of fabric now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me: there's a lot that still needs cleared out before there's room for *anything.* One bag of trash is almost nothing.

      Delete
  2. Make something you want/need... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will when I figure out what I want to do with it, and the other projects are done.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.