Saturday, February 19, 2022

A pretty good day.

My son and husband had some errands this morning; this afternoon, after my darling other half did our taxes, I took my daughter for a wander around Hobby Lobby.  

This is something I'd been promising to do with her for a while--a couple of weeks ago, we went in while they had fabric-by-the-yard on sale and bought three yards of hedgehog print flannel.*  She wanted that for pajama pants, so...yeah.  That's what we got.  But we were in, grabbed the flannel, and back out as fast as possible.  

I promised I'd take her back when it was just the two of us, and no hurry.  

Today was it.  

We started in the fabrics and trims section, and I let her wander, look at all the fabric, touch stuff, squeal, and talk about what she'd make out of the fabric.  She was utterly delighted with all the fun and/or pretty buttons, and all of the drawers packed full of patterns for things.  And the yarn!  And the embroidery floss!  And the frames for embroidery!  OH MOMMY, DID YOU SEE ALL THE STRINGS OF BEADS FOR NECKLACES!!!  And...

Yeah.  She had an utter ball.  We walked around and looked at different things for around an hour.  Her favorite parts were the fabrics section, the jewelry making section, and there was a small display of glass paperweights/jewelry boxes shaped like animals.  She absolutely adored the hedgehog paperweight, the turtles, and some of the little hinged boxes for things like earrings and other little things.  

We saved that for last, because I figured she'd spend all the time and energy she had, looking at just that one spot.  And she admitted I would have been right.  

Then, when we got home, and rested for a while, and after I'd started supper and was letting it cook, I worked on her hedgehog pajama pants.  I'd started them yesterday (with her help).  I had them most of the way finished before supper, and had them all of the way finished before she got out of the shower.  

I did, however, screw up on measuring for the elastic.  I'm going to have to take that in a bit more, but it shouldn't be hard.  And no, it's not still finished, but I'd have had to peel them off of her to finish them (I wanted her to try them on, and she decided she was going to sleep in them instead of letting me finish tacking the excess fabric at the hem, or taking in the waist, or trimming and ironing the seams flat). 

All in all, it really was a pretty good day, and exactly what I needed in the face of the nastiness bearing down on us all. 


*Adorable, cartoonish hedgehogs, with little flowers and butterflies in pink, bright blue, and yellow. 

2 comments:

  1. Well done, and good luck EVER getting to finish them... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished them this morning while my other half and the kids were at church with his mom. Took them to her when we went to his mom's for lunch after church, and left them for her to sleep in when she and the imp stay overnight with Grandma tonight.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.