Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Break the cage.

I listen to a lot of music.  In the mornings, it's often the radio while I'm throwing my clothes on.  During the day, it's music I can't listen to with my kids present.  Radio in the car, and back to my computer play lists (with different music) in the afternoons and evenings.  

The new Three Days Grace song, "So Called Life"...I kind of like it, but something about it bothered me, for lack of a better word.  

It goes through and describes, honestly, feeling trapped.  And feeling battered by being trapped.  I get that.  I know exactly how it feels when you feel too constrained to be able to do anything.  

The chorus...is where it goes off the rails.  He starts calling for antidepressants/anti-anxiety meds.  I get that some people need those daily to function; however, going by the rest of the lyrics, his need is rooted in the current events and situation.  

People right now...the ones convinced they need drugs to fix what's feeling broken?  Most of them don't need drugs.  They need to stop mindlessly obeying authority that lies to them.  They need to stop believing the lies they're fed by the media and their masters.  

They need connection.  They need freedom.  They need to hang around with their friends.  They need crowds and noise.  They need normalcy.  The old normal, not what the idiots and liars in charge are pushing as "the new normal."  

The lying bastards who created this mess out of a fucking cold on steroids built a cage of fear and "rules" that change on an arbitrary basis.  And they're working on breaking the normal people because they can't rule people who don't pay attention to their lies.  

The people who feel trapped and constrained need to stand up and break the cage, instead. 

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.