Thursday, October 1, 2009

We've let things go far too long to save our nation.

We are told that we, as a nation are too fat, that our children are dangerously obese because they don't play outside and exercise. Then, we hear that there are school districts that prohibit walking and/or biking to school.

We are told that it takes a village to raise a child. Then, we hear that that only applies if the whole village has a valid child-care license.

Next, we'll hear that parents don't do nearly as good a job raising and teaching their small children as licensed professionals do, so universal preschool (as well as public schooling--no more homeschooling) is absolutely mandatory in attendance.

I will fully admit that I have absolutely no social trust. Unless I was living next door to my best friend, or a family member, I would not trust my neighbor to watch my son. So long as pedophiles are released from prison once they've served their term, I wouldn't want to let my family--raving pacifists, all--to watch him in town, either.

But when the government, or a government-run agency like the public school system, legislates that societal trust is not permissible, we are beyond reigning in the fascists by non-violent means.

God help us. Our hands are tied by those who will not permit us to help ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. "licensed professionals'' don't teach LOVE.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know. They teach the children the "correct" thoughts, and that if their parents don't have those correct thoughts, then they should be reported.

    Love has no place in a communist society.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.