Saturday, June 29, 2013

Random ramblings

My little ones have been miserable with the sudden hot snap.  The pixie doesn't like to stay out for long, and since we're in town, I can't leave the imp outside while I come in with the pixie.  It makes for a very unhappy boy.  And, as soon as we can, we will be getting a place a ways outside of town, and will fence in a yard for him.

This week, though...this week is going to be really nice.  Low to mid eighties all week. 

We're looking into kid-tough tablets for the imp.  It's been almost a year since he killed the cheap tablet that we'd gotten as an experiment.  And, with a tablet, I think that learning websites might be easier for him to play with and use. 

The cats have been really squirrelly, the past few days.  I'm not sure if it's the weather change, or the living room rearrangement. 

The dog has been as unhappy as the boy has been, with the weather hot enough she couldn't play outside all day.  I'd take her out after her breakfast, and bring her in for the afternoon about our lunch time, because it was too hot for a little black dog to stay out without shade (none of our back yard has any).  It got hot enough last week that we had to put the window unit AC in the utility room/pantry window (the dog really liked that).  After we did that, it dried out back there, and all of the pets were happier.  The dog, in particular, was really cute: I went back to do something, and found her sprawled on her back, hind legs spread and front paws up next to her ears, head tipped back so far that she looked like she was smiling. 

I got my textbook done last week, and have been trying to get some story writing done.  It's not been easy--life just really seems to not like me, right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.