Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Well, what else did they expect?

I know this is old news, but a defense of marriage amendment was passed in California last Tuesday, banning gay marriage.  It passed, yes, but by a narrow enough margin to suggest something to me:

Changing laws by judicial fiat, as gay marriage came about, brings out the rebelliousness in the American people.  I think that many of those who voted for the gay marriage ban in California would have voted to pass a law, had the whole issue not been removed from their hands by activist judges.  

Honestly, this gives me hope for the majority.

The vocal minority, on the other hand, is up to their usual tricks: protest, boycott, and if those tactics don't work, get noisier until it does work.

Does this remind anyone of a toddler in a grocery store?

2 comments:

  1. I think that many of those who voted for the gay marriage ban in California would have voted to pass a law, had the whole issue not been removed from their hands by activist judges.

    I don't know if it's a sizeable number, but I was tempted to vote for it just because of the activist judges. I voted no because that's the right thing to my mind, but I really wish they had worked to pass it legislatively. Now they're screwed for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reports where coming out that the Christains and Mormans where to blame for this law. Just today it has been reported that the major voting block on this was the black community. They are saying because they came out this law won.

    Hummm, seems everyone wants it both ways.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.