Wednesday, July 20, 2022

That's done.

The kids' well-child visits last week went well...both have grown a lot.  My eleven year old is only a quarter inch shorter than I am (height predictor puts her at 5'5" to 5'8").  That puts her at over three inches of growth in a year...and she's gaining height fast.  And all of it's leg.  

Yes, we fully acknowledge that we don't have enough shotguns.  We know that.  

I spent the rest of last week waiting for a second quote on the carport rebuild.  Never got it.  We've decided to go with the first guy (who actually, ya know, showed up, then sent the damn quote).  

Today, I had my base-line mammogram done.  I'd heard all sorts of stories about how awful they are.  

It wasn't.  The worst part about it?  I was told to not wear deodorant, because the aluminum in the deodorant messes with the x-ray.  I...really need deodorant, this time of year.  In multiple places.  

It wasn't painful.  It wasn't rough.  I'm not bruised.  My kids were rougher when they nursed, and pinched, poked, squashed and bruised me more than either the tech or the machine.  It was relatively fast, too.  And even then, the tech apologized for it taking so long to get me back: "They're measuring all the rooms for the new 3-D imaging machines."  

I was told I'd hear from my doctor's office in about two days (it was actually more like four hours), and would get my results mailed to me within two to four weeks, depending on how long the post office takes to get it to me.  

Everything else?  Yeah, I've got some big checks to write coming up: the kids' tuition is due in a couple of weeks (I'll get that done tomorrow morning), and the carport thing...

Speaking of, I spoke with the guy this morning.  He'd been planning on coming by to get the contract signed, pick up 20%, and get us on the schedule, and...yeah.  He's come down with something, was headed to bed, instead.  I'm good with that.  Either it's allergies and meds will have him back on his feet in a couple of days, or he's got something, and isn't spreading it.  I'm happy he's got enough sense not to risk spreading crap.  Even if it's just a summer cold--those suck. 

2 comments:

  1. Gah... I hated growth spurts... Especially just AFTER buying the kids school clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I buy school clothes the first weekend of August...when we've got the state clothes-and-school-supplies sales tax holiday going on.

      I will not be buying jeans until later in the fall...when they're needed. Because the little girl's becoming a young woman, and I'm not sure what size she'll need.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.