So. We got the septic tank dealt with. The drainage issues did not abate, and the hall toilet kept flooding.
The hall toilet proved to be a simple issue: the bolts had corroded to the point they were rust powder, and there was NO wax ring left. Just a little bit of residue. Given that the toilet guts needed replaced as well, we went ahead and replaced the toilet.
We dredged the washer drain every other load, and kept getting...lint and hair, Odysseus thought.
The sinks, and bathtub, and shower kept gurgling and backing up.
We did research, and finally found a plumber with stellar reviews, and I called. I called on Tuesday, and he came out on Thursday.
Y'know, it's a really bad thing when the plumber comes out from under the house, giggling and shaking his head, and says "It's a DIY nightmare under there. The ONLY thing that was done right was the toilet. It'd be cheaper, easier, and faster to rip it all out and do it over."
Friday, they started on it. They finished it Saturday. The plumber actually doing the work said, "I took out twice the linear feet of pipe as I put in, and it was all the wrong size for the job it was supposed to do."
So, that issue is fixed. Fully, for the time being. We shouldn't have to worry about backing up drains for a while. Reasonably priced, too.
Also on Thursday, Odysseus went to the old house to go get our push mower to get the trim work and inside the fenced in Scotty-dog yard all done. And came back absolutely steamed: someone had stolen the mower and the gas can.
All told, that's set us back financially a bit more than I was calculating, for this point. It's not a disaster, but it's definitely discouraging. However, that said, this will hopefully be the last big maintenance costs until after we get the other place fixed and sold.
22 minutes ago