Friday, November 18, 2011

A rare treat.

I get to go to the range, today. It's much needed, given the nasty flashbacks that the whole Penn State issue is causing.

Let's see...what to take.

This (this one is my carry piece, so it's going first). It was a Christmas gift, just after my son's birth, and came with a field holster, cleaning rod, and extra magazine. When it's not riding in it's inner pants holster in the small of my back, it lives in my purse in the field holster.

And this (my first real gun--my beloved little bitch).

And this (I would carry this, since it feels like and shoots like it's older sibling, but it only came with one magazine, and spares are pretty much impossible to find).

And this, just for fun. It's my husband's, but most of mine kick too hard to shoot while I'm still nursing a baby. I absolutely do not want a wet shirt in this weather.

This is only the third (or so) time I've been able to make it to the range. And today, I get to take my time, because the pixie is finally eating solid food well enough that she doesn't need me to feed her every four or so hours.

I foresee an entire afternoon cheerfully given over to lead based therapy, loud meditation, or whatever else you want to call it.

Thank God. I need this.

Update: Thanks, Stephen, for the good wishes. Much fun was had, pictures will follow tomorrow. (As will a rant about range safety--including being prepared).

2 comments:

  1. Plan to. Also plan to post pictures, if I can still shoot like I did before I had kids.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.