Friday, January 20, 2023

Freakin' lovely

 So.  I've had some issues, recently.  Tylenol's been making me kind of queasy (and since it causes liver damage in too much quantity/too long of a time taking it, and liver damage's first sign is queasy...) so I quit taking it.  I've been having some issues with heartburn, too.  So I also quit taking Aleve.  

Joint pain levels...increased a little.  Not much.  Maybe half a step.  It is, in short, nowhere near as bad as I was thinking it would be.

In other words, neither Tylenol, nor Aleve were helping much to begin with.  

So I went looking for why.  

I found out.  

For people who have Fibromyalgia or Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, the pain involved is not responsive to either straight analgesics or to NSAIDs.  It's not quite nerve pain, but not quite not, either.  

I guess I'll just save the Aleve for when I stand up, something goes snap somewhere, and a joint swells up like an angry toad.  

And use compression gloves for the joint pain in my knuckles.

4 comments:

  1. heartburn - add a small amount of baking soda to water when you drink it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartburn mostly went away when I stopped the Aleve. It was causing stomach damage.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm just miffed. NSAIDs are supposed to work on inflammation; when you've got systemic inflammation and they don't work, it's really irritating when you figure that out. Because you've just caused extra pain (stomach issues) for literally no reason.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.