I finished the first draft of Liquid Diet Chronicles: Having a Pint on Tuesday. Yeah, a day later than I'd aimed at, but only a day. I wrote the climax all the way through the end (nearly 5000 words) that day. The first draft ended up at right around 52,000 words. I've set it aside for the time being--I wouldn't be able to read, revise, and expand (and/or cut) where needed, right at the moment. I need time away from it, first.
After I did that, I went hunting for my files on The Schrodinger Paradox. It...took some hunting to find the right files. I last worked on it in November of 2017, and I've replaced my laptop at least once, since then. I think only once, but I'm not entirely sure.
I was too fried to start in working on it on Tuesday. I tried, but I could not focus my attention on anything more complex than housework and dinner. I did start working on it yesterday, as soon as I got the kids off to school. Started up Starset's Transmissions, and pulled up the file that a friend had gone through and pointed out the flubs I'd made about which agency did what, and started in by editing, revising, and expanding some parts. There's one or two new scenes, too. All in all, I probably cut five hundred words in fixing things I messed up, then added that back in plus 2000 more words. Right now, I'm almost through editing part one. Part 2 is going to take a lot more work, and will probably end up 5000-10,000 words longer.
When I started in on editing, the two parts together came in at around 55,000 words. It's currently around 57,000, and may end up closer to 60K words before I even get to part 2.
I'm aiming at being finished with a read-through and edit by the end of the weekend. My goal is to finish the first draft by the start of the kids' Christmas Break. If I can accomplish that, I can spend Christmas Break working on the first edit of Pint, so that I can get that to my beta readers in January.
So. That's what's going on here.
Back to work...