Friday, September 18, 2020

FFOT: GADDAMN 2020

 Month or two ago, my youngest sister and her mother died in a fire.  Her mother...no big loss, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone.  My youngest brother...is really hurting.* 

Yesterday, my oldest sister and her husband got into a nasty car wreck.  T-bone.  The full-size pickup that hit their smallish SUV was very clearly, from video of the aftermath, going faster than they should have been.  Both survived, but my brother-in-law is likely to be a paraplegic (thankfully--it could have been far worse, looking at the SUV), and my sister-in-law is going to require surgery on Monday for broken ribs and pelvis.  

This fucking year.  This awful, horrendous fucking year.  It can fuck off with the pour-spout of a can of gasoline shoved up its ass and a lighter. 


*I met my youngest sister once when she was less than a year old.  I have never met my youngest brother. 

2 comments:

  1. Prayers and a remote hug are all I can offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be making a lasagna, at least. But yeah, I'm not sure I could even visit my sister--even though she's in the local hospital.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.