Saturday, July 12, 2014

random ramblings

It's Saturday, again.  I am listening intently to music over my headphones plugged into my computer to keep from howling with laughter.  The kids are watching Sesame Street Classic, once again, and the Count was singing his song.  And all I could think of was this:


The kids didn't do well spending the night at Grandma and Grandpa's together.  The pixie doesn't go to sleep until very late, and the imp is up at the ass-crack of dawn.  One kept the other up two hours later than he usually goes to sleep, and the other got the first one up two hours before she usually gets up.

This bodes...ill...for school for the pixie.  Her half-day preschool is the first half of the day.

But...despite that, Thursday night/Friday morning was awesome for us.  I actually slept until 9:30 Friday morning.  I very rarely sleep that long--I'm lucky if the kids are quiet until 8:30.

I'm going to be working with the imp, starting Monday, to start the Hooked on Phonics program, since he seems to have a firm grasp on letter sounds (which he refused to work on with me).  Hopefully, he'll be reading a little bit by the time school starts.

The pixie may be wearing size 5 by the time school starts.  Her size 5 dress fits perfectly, and her size 4 dresses...are about a half an inch to an inch and a half above her knees, depending on the dress. 

The cats decided they were going to sleep in the cat tree on Thursday.  When we left, Shadow, the black cat, was sleeping in the top shelf, stretched out on her back, dangling from both ends of the curved shelf.  When we got back...Shadow was sleeping in the top shelf, stretched out on her back, dangling from both ends of the curved shelf.  We went back to pet her to make sure she hadn't croaked during the course of the day.  Woke her up, and she griped at us until we started petting her belly, at which point she started purring.

Cricket just spent the entire evening trying to get on my chest to sleep on me.  I say trying, but she succeeded twice, and got pitched onto the couch (about two feet from me) twice for excessive drool, which she has a nasty habit of slinging all over everything, because being on my chest means I'm breathing on her ears...which tickles.

The dog came in the house around three, yesterday, got a big long drink of fresh, cool water, and then went to sleep until around 10:00 or so, at which point I fed her.  She's outside right now, since it's supposed to be very hot, her pen has no shade from about noon to about seven, and she's a black dog.  I'll probably bring her in around 12-1:00, and put her back out at 7:00.   She'll probably be quite happy, later this week, when the projected polar vortex hits and takes the temps back down into the low 80's.

I'm still working on Fire and Forge.  I'm having to do a lot of it long-hand, because every time I sit down to the laptop to work in Word, I pull a blank.  I don't know if it's stress, or what, but that's what's going on.  That, and I tend to get distracted quite badly.

I think that's all for the week, for the most part. 

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen the Sesame Street parody "Elmo's got a gun?" It's great.

    Elmos got a gun!
    Big Bird's on the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look that one up, once I get a memory upgrade in my laptop.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.