Plan on this one taking at least half the day, if not all day. Put it on the night before for Sunday dinner, or in the morning before leaving for work for supper.
2-4 lb roast (chuck or round)
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
4 large baking potatoes
1 lb baby carrots
1. Wash potatoes, slice into 1/2 inch thick disks. Arrange in one layer on bottom and up sides of crock pot.
2. Dump baby carrots into crock pot.
3. Add 1/2 c. or so of water to crock pot.
4. Rinse roast, place in crock pot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over roast.
5. Cook on high for two hours per pound, or low for four hours per pound.
Other than washing and chopping potatoes, there's little prep work for an amazing meal. And leftover roast sandwiches are fantastic, especially with provolone cheese.
24 minutes ago