Sunday, August 5, 2012

The joys of home ownership...

Last night, after I'd put the kittens in the laundry room for the night, I heard a rustling from what I thought was the bathroom (there's a pass through from the back room to the bathroom for the water and drain hoses for the washer).  I thought the kittens had managed to find their way out of confinement.

I was wrong.  There was a possum in the furnace closet, right across the hall from the bathroom. 

So, we called an exterminator, and the little bastard vanished.  Back up into the attic. 

The exterminator came back today to set some live traps.  He climbed up into the attic and found where the critters have been getting in: the eaves all along the northeast corner of the house are rotten and full of holes. 

Fun, fun.  I have no idea how much that's going to cost to fix.

Good thing we have a reserve.

2 comments:

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.