Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gonna be out of touch almost all day...

We're visiting my in-laws, today--it's my mother-in-law's birthday.  We'll be leaving the imp with them a couple of days, by their request. 

Although, I'm going to have to talk to my mother-in-law about something I want the imp to stop doing: poking things through holes.  One of his favorite games is poking rocks through the vent holes on the top of their grill lid, or poking small rocks through openings on toys (do you know how many rocks can fit into the cab of a large, plastic dump truck?). 

Yesterday, he poked a small rock, a few pinches of dirt, and a small stick into my coffee through my travel mug's small sipping hole while I had my back turned, talking to Odysseus. 

So, yeah.  That game's gotta stop.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, but, you drank the coffee anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, for two reasons:

      1. We live in a former lead mining town. Our soil levels are acceptable for play, but I don't want to ingest it. Just in case.

      2. We have feral cats around, and I don't know what proportion of cat poop the soil is made up of.

      Otherwise, I've been so tired lately that I probably would have.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.