Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Getting a handle on the whole FlyLady thing...again.

I thought I was getting into a routine with the whole FlyLady thing...and then shit started happening.  Migraines from hell that I couldn't work through; UTIs, one right after another; food poisoning; sick kids--you name it, it's probably happened.  This summer.

Which means that every attempt to get control of the mess in my house has been aborted by forces outside of my control.

I am getting frustrated.  And about ready to shovel nearly everything out into the back yard and set it  on fire, just to get some of the clutter out of my house.

(Guns and ammo are, of course, exempt from this threat)

On the upside, I am getting the kitchen back on track at least.  And some of the living room.  I can walk through without breaking an ankle stepping on a toy.  

4 comments:

  1. 15 Minutes at a time Ms. H . . . . .

    You bought the timer, right?? :)

    Hang in there, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hear the stove timer anywhere in the house. That thing is loud.

      Problem is, when I'm as sick as I've been getting, I literally cannot get up and do things.

      Delete
    2. Did not mean to make light of your illnesses this summer, you seem to have really been worked over the coals. I guess my only suggestion is to take things a day at a time, ask for help if you need it and just love your family. I promise things will get better . . . . take it from an old fart whose been down those roads and has earned the T-Shirt. Always here if you need an ear.

      Bill

      Delete
    3. No worries, Bill. It's just life in general's kind of trained me not to ask for help, because in my gut, I'm sure I either won't get it, or it'll come with strings attached, or with such a bad attitude I'd rather have done it myself in the first place.

      I have never in my life given up. I don't think I know how. Thanks for the offer of sympathy and the encouragement.

      (And I'm starting to cheat--I'm training the imp to put his dirty dishes either in the sink or the dishwasher when he's done with them. Next will be training them to put up their books. Then their toys...)

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.