Sunday, August 26, 2012

Disorganized religion

Last week, I spoke up in defense of organized religion, mostly because of the social contract that it helped form. 

That does not mean I am personally a fan of organized religion.  I am not.  I can hardly stand to attend a church service without a panic attack.

And that's disregarding the parts of my own personal beliefs that have no place in organized religion. 

Organized religion as a social institution has its place.  Far more important than that is you and your personal relationship with God, however you see Him.  

3 comments:

  1. I strongly appreciate your desire to stand up for your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also agree with the last statement. If you don't have that then organized religion is pointless.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.