Friday, August 10, 2012

Does this happen to anyone else?

Odysseus and I caught the pixie about to put something in her mouth, and took it away from her, only to find it was a nut and washer.  And as soon as she handed them over, she crawled back under the end table I thought she found it under, reached up, and started fiddling with something that rattled. 

I picked up the end table and set it on its top in the chair next to it, and found...one nut and washer missing, and a second (on a different leg) was loose, and nearly off. 

Does anyone else have kids that disassembled furniture before their second birthday?

4 comments:

  1. LOL - yep, sounds like a budding mechanical engineer there! :) The thing was - and am - amazed at is how damn quick little critters are. Holy cow they're fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so...odd that it's the girl doing this, and not the boy. She's so girly in every other way that her suddenly jumping into a puddle of water and getting muddy, then this, really surprised me.

      Delete
  2. Not a chance.

    My daughter ate sand by the handful.

    Then pooped sand, and then cried because, well, imagine pooping sandpaper turds.

    We all have our burdens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor kid...I don't even want to imagine. Poor you and Mrs. B--I hate it when my kids hurt, even when they've done it to themselves. I'd rather hurt myself than sit by and be able to do nothing while they hurt.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.