Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Well. Sudden cat syndrome is a thing.

 It's been a busy morning.  I've had a little bit of energy, and a lot of little things that need done, half of them things I could do sitting.  So, I've alternated standing tasks (starting a load of sheets in the wash, for example) with sitting tasks (decluttering coffee table/end tables).  

And then, I sit down to write...you know, one of the other things I need to do.  

And I suddenly get a cat in my lap.  

I'm not in my recliner, with my laptop, which means the cat gets half my lap, and I can still work.  No.  I'm at the desktop.  Where the most comfortable way to write is with my keyboard in my lap because I am not sized normally.  

And before I can pick up the keyboard, I wind up with an 11 lb house panther curled determinedly in the way, glaring at me.  

She glares at me for reaching over her to type, too, but that's less of a deterrent than how much it hurts my shoulders, wrists, and elbows to type with my arms in the air. 

2 comments:

  1. Ouch... And yes, animals 'can' interrupt your work in many ways...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also found out I'm allergic to the desk. Not something I'd have thought of...but it's true. I am allergic to latex, and the desk is made from parawood--retired rubber trees. I have an itchy welt just below my left wrist where I had it braced against the corner of the front edge of the desk...

      So we've now acquired a wireless keyboard. And mouse. And I am sitting back away from the desk so I don't rub against it and make things worse.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.