Saturday, January 18, 2020

Busy week, and I'm tired and fried

And sore.  We've had some really weird weather patterns, this week.  It was actually in the 60's for a lot of the week (M-W), then the temperature fell like a rock.  Thursday and Friday were cold and rainy (not freezing rain, thank God, even if that was a possibility).  And I had doctors' appointments both days--Thursday was a follow-up with the cardiologist (more on that in a bit), and Friday with my GP, so I was out in the rainy cold...which didn't do my joints any good.  Not fun at all. 

Less fun was what last night did: the temperature went up overnight, from 36 degrees at sunset to 51 overnight.  And then dropped again.  Right now, it's 39 degrees, and it's been warming back up for a while.  Yeah, it's doing what you'd think it'd be doing.  I'm huddling under a heat blanket with compression gloves on. 

So, Monday and Tuesday...we'd gone to my mom's, so I felt like crap and didn't get much done.  I made up for it Wednesday, and paid for it, hard, Wednesday night.  I got both the hall bathroom cleaned, and the utility room (including sweeping out the dog's corner around her kennel).  Joints weren't hurting too bad, and breaks between steps in my chores made it possible.  As well as help from the pixie after I got them picked up from school.

Thursday, I found out I had an extra stop that had to be made over and above the doc's appointment: we were entirely out of bread after I made lunch for the imp to take to school, and the kids both wanted sandwiches for Friday's lunch.  Since I was meeting Odysseus at Sam's Club around 10:00 anyway (there's a veritable rabbit warren of doctors' offices on a loop around the hospital, and it's confusing, and trying to find the right place in an unfamiliar area would have been panic-attack inducing for me), I stopped in and grabbed the bread. 

Doc's appointment went fine...I thought.  I don't need a cardiologist, and was planning to just...not go back.  Went for lunch with Odysseus, got home, crawled under my blanket for a while, then went and got the kids.  Got them about halfway through homework...and then the cardiologist's office called.  They wanted me to come back in, because the doctor wasn't paying attention to the chart.  And he wanted to discuss something with me (probably my weight and my blood pressure).  Um...gotta put that off for a while because I'm not capable of driving myself to that appointment.  I need to figure out a day and time when Odysseus can help me with it again (and maybe do lunch again). 

Friday.  Yesterday.  I was already feeling fucking awful after the rest of the week, and had a doctor's appointment.  And it took about three minutes for my alarm to wake me, so I was behind the eight ball from the get-go.  Running late.  And no time for coffee. 

Got to the doc's office, and got my concerns and thoughts dealt with...and got a prescription for a water pill/blood pressure med.  One specific to reverse high blood pressure caused by steroids...and estrogen-based meds.  I'll have labs done with that office at the end of the month to make sure I'm not too low on certain minerals, and a follow-up at the end of next month to see if a) it's working, b) the dosage is right, and c) if I even need to still be on it (yes, it's already making a difference for me). 

Then, since the office had gotten me in early (and out early), I went to Walmart.  And got the things I needed from there.  And went home and collapsed until I had to get up and eat. 

And then, last night, Mother Nature forgot her lithium, and maybe had a hot flash overnight.  I hope the bitch is as miserable as she made me. 

So yeah.  Tired and fried.  Not planning on doing much today because of it.

2 comments:

  1. Hope there aren't any other issues popping up. And yes, Mother Nature HAS been on a roll lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather doubt it. I think it was more he barely glanced at my blood pressure, and it was rather higher than most docs are happy with.

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.