Friday, May 24, 2013

Trying. Very trying.

I'm trying to get the housework back under control.  There's been a lot of things mostly, if not completely, inaccessible with the kitchen out of order.  Including the area of the hall bathroom that I'm planning on turning into a closet for the master bedroom--that's where most of our kitchen stuff is currently residing.

Also including, since this past Wednesday, the laundry area.  That's where stuff got moved to so that the counter top installer could do his job.  And that stuff can't really go anywhere until after Tuesday, when he said he could get the counter re-cut, and the job redone. 

The kids are trying to help.  What they're actually accomplishing is carpeting the living room with their toys, and getting underfoot when I'm trying to work. 

I think that, if tomorrow is even halfway decent, Odysseus is going to have them outside a lot, so that I can get stuff moved around, toys picked up, and clean clothes that had been piled into the laundry room until this morning put away. 

I just have to keep reminding myself: it's going to get better when the kitchen is done.  Then I can get the rest of everything else done, too, little by little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.