Saturday, May 4, 2013

Random ramblings

Our weather around here lately has been bipolar.  On Tuesday and Wednesday, we were up in the low-mid 80's, sunny, and beautiful.  The kids played outside all day Wednesday, digging in the dirt in Grandpa's garden (which probably won't be planted this year).  Thursday, we were 40 degrees cooler.  And raining.  Thursday night, it started snowing.  Friday, it was still snowing.  It's stopped now, but it's still cold and nasty.  In May.  This is the first snow recorded in May, since they started making records.  Snow.  In May.

What the fuck happened to global warming???

My imp has narrowed his food choices down to three or four things: sausage links or granola bars for breakfast, peanut butter sandwiches (no jelly) for lunch, and chicken nuggets with cocktail sauce and a piece of cheese for supper.  I'd be a lot more concerned without vitamins. 

My pixie, on the other hand, eats almost anything we eat.  She loves corn and green beans, and nothing makes her happier than having an ear of corn on the cob.  She has trouble with peanut butter sandwiches--she's still teething in the back, and chewing hurts--but has gotten around that by begging for peanut butter on a spoon.  And then eating it like a Popsicle.

It's cute, watching the kids play with the cats.  They call "kitty, kitty, kitty?" and Cricket (black and white) in particular comes running.  Shadow is more prone to snuggling up to sleepy kids in the evening, when they're settling down for bed.  Both cats love chasing the kids when they drag a knitted cord up and down the hall at a dead run.

Speaking of cats, I'm pretty sure Shadow is going to end up planning a painful demise for the dog...or at least, doing her best to scare a mess out of her.  The dog just keeps pranking the smaller, black cat.  A few weeks ago, she walked her water bowl over to the cat, and slung most of it onto the cat with her Scotty beard.  Day before yesterday, she pranked Shadow twice: first time, she jumped the cat from around a corner and scared her fuzzy; second time was another water-based prank--Shadow was getting a drink, and on her way past, the dog bopped the cat on the back of the head with her muzzle, knocking Shadow's face into the water. 

Classes are done.  Friday was the last day.  I got one revision to grade last night, and I'll get that done after I wake up a bit more.  Then, I get to turn grades in.  And then, I'm done until August 19.  I've got a textbook to write sometime in there, but other than that, I'm free for the summer. 

I'm planning to aim at about 3,000 words/day, and see if I can get at least two books written and ready for revision.  More would be gravy, but I'm not going to stress as long as I can do the next Gods book, and the last Legends (Pendragon's sequel). 

I've already sold a copy of Pendragon for Kindle.  Whoever bought that...thanks, and I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.