Sunday, May 12, 2013

Long day.

Lots of fun, though.  We spent two hours walking around the zoo this morning.  Odysseus and I spent the last half an hour trading off who was carrying the pixie, since she was so tired she was just standing in place and crying when we put her down, instead of walking. 

The imp had a blast.  The zoo had a small train that did two circuits around the lemurs and the pond that their island is in--and the imp was so entranced that he was completely expressionless.  The pixie?  Not so much.  Oh, she had fun, but it was all goofy grins and squealing giggles.  She greatly enjoyed more for the geese in the pond, bathing.  And the goslings. 

What I thought was the coolest was the albino peacock showing off his eight foot diameter spread of iridescent white feathered tail, and the giraffes slurping crackers out of my kids' hands (the imp actually got licked by a foot and a half of purple tongue grabbing that second cracker). 

But yeah.  I'm exhausted, and in pain.  I feel like my arms and legs are going to fall off, and wish that my legs actually would with how bad they're hurting. 

Happy Mother's Day to any of my readers who are also mothers (I know--many of you are dads, but your day is coming next month).

4 comments:

  1. You know "Foot and A Half of Purple Tongue" would make a great punk rock band name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of it that way, but...you're right.

      Delete
    2. You now need to put that in a book. Somehow. Maybe they could play the Godshead...

      Delete
    3. Maybe a mixed drink at the tavern?

      Delete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.