Tuesday, May 7, 2013

They grow up so fast.

So, the imp was taking his bath, and I was getting Cinderella  put into the DVD player for the pixie.  I could hear him starting to build a tower out of plastic blocks, and then I hear:

"No, no, no--" CRASH "Shit!"

I seriously about died laughing.  I have heard the same word, in the same tone, come from Odysseus when he steps on a Matchbox car or the corner of an alphabet block in his bare feet. 

Honestly, I prefer that expression of frustration over his usual screaming, jumping, squalling temper tantrum.

But I did lecture him over what words were okay for him to use right now, and which ones weren't.  "Dang it" is fine.  "Shit" is not.

Especially since he's likely to have to go to preschool next fall.

2 comments:

  1. luckily he is to young to read some of your rants! That would broaden the vocabulary of the other preschoolers. ha ha ha ha just stopped by for a peek. the rat

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.