Friday, September 7, 2012

Yet another congresscritter talking out his ass.

Did you hear South Carolina Representative James Clyburn (D) said that Republicans and Conservatives think "there‘s something wrong with feeding people when they’re hungry"? 

I see absolutely nothing wrong with feeding people when they're hungry...provided that it isn't their own choices that they're feeling the consequences of.  And as long as those feeding the hungry are doing it voluntarily and with their own money (something Democrats don't like), rather than having the government rob me to do it, when I need that money to feed my kids. 

Honestly, were entitlement programs (read: welfare and foodstamps) abolished tomorrow...I'd be volunteering the day after for a local church's soup kitchen, for the times when Odysseus can watch the kids.  As it is, with government taking money from me against my will to hand to those who won't work (as opposed to those who can't--and who should be cared for by their family, or by their local faith-based institution of their choice), I refuse to enable those who choose to buy a new iPhone instead of buying basic food staples, and a basic cook book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, folks. A hundred plus spam comments in an hour equals moderation on older posts, so until further notice...you're gonna have to wait for your comments to be approved before they show up.